How to prime your inhaler correctly?
Priming an inhaler is a significant step before using it. It ensures that the medication inside will be released properly when you breathe in.
Steps to prime your inhaler correctly.
1) Check the instructions on your inhaler for how long to wait after priming it before you use it
2) Remove the mouthpiece cover and shake the inhaler gently
3) Place the mouthpiece cover back on and press down firmly until a clicking noise is heard
4) Hold your breath for 10 seconds, then breathe out slowly
5) Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds, then exhale.
Also Read- how many puffs of an inhaler can kill you
Priming an inhaler is a process of getting the medication to flow from the canister into the mouthpiece. This is done by shaking the inhaler, holding it upright, and pressing down on the canister.
To prime a nebulizer, it’s important to have a cup of water or saline solution nearby. You’ll need to take off your mask and put on your face piece. After you’ve taken off your mask and put on your face piece, you’ll need to shake the nebulizer before you turn it upside down and remove the cap from the top of it. Next, you’ll need to hold open one nostril with your finger while putting one end of the mouthpiece in that same nostril. With that nostril closed off, tilt your head back.